JOB TITLE: GENERAL OPERATIONS MANAGER, THE CHIJNAYA FOUNDATION
Since 2005, The Chijnaya Foundation has been dedicated to ending extreme poverty in underserved indigenous communities in the southern Andes of Peru by supporting community-driven, grassroots initiatives. We work in partnership with rural communities to design and implement self-sustaining projects in health, education, economic development, and environment. We value a community-led, integral development approach meaning we work with communities long-term on a diverse set of projects they identify within these program areas.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The General Operations Manager will be a core part of leading and managing the continued growth of the The Chijnaya Foundation and its work in Peru. They will work closely with the 20-member board of directors and the 4-person team of Pro-DIA, the Foundation’s Peruvian counterpart organization, to manage projects, administration and operations of the organization, fundraising, and development initiatives. The ideal candidate believes in the power of grassroots organizations and integrated development.
The Chijnaya Foundation recognizes that candidates might not meet 100% of job requirements. We seek dedicated people who believe they have the skills and drive to further this work and we value the diverse experiences and backgrounds that potential candidates could bring to this role. We encourage anyone who is interested in this opportunity to apply.
Operations and Administration
- Create and maintain the annual organizational budget, tracking expenditures and income each month in Aplos
- Manage inquiries from the organization’s general email account
- Coordinate annual tax filings with our accountant and submit necessary reports to state and federal agencies
- Coordinate and lead in-person and virtual events with internal and external stakeholders
- In coordination with the President and Executive committee organize the annual and quarterly meetings of the Board
- Track project timelines and budgets, ensure projects are achieving milestones, and report project outcomes to stakeholders
- Coordinate the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, and learning for projects in coordination with Pro-DIA staff
- Manage communication and outreach related to project activities with internal and external stakeholders
Fundraising and Development
- Lead efforts to develop new revenue streams and strengthen existing ones
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships
- Lead grant research, prepare grant proposals and coordinate reporting for grants received
- Organize and facilitate engagement events with stakeholders
- Manage the organization’s communication and outreach efforts, which include updating social media platforms, sending quarterly emails to supporters, and updating the website
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience
- Nonprofit or business financial management experience
- Passion for and previous track record in fundraising and/or business development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience designing and managing communications and outreach strategies
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Comfortable working with high levels of autonomy and ambiguity
- Professional or lived experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and underserved populations, ideally in Peru
- Previous organizational leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management, program management, and/or community development
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Asana, Canva, Trello, WordPress and Aplos
LOCATION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Chijnaya Foundation operates on a fully remote basis in their US operations. This position will give preference to candidates based in CO, CA, and NM, but will consider exceptional candidates from other locations in the US. This position may include travel to Peru once a year, as well as travel for the annual meeting of the Board of Directors. We support flexible working arrangements where employees make their own schedules.
- The salary for this position starts at 50K
- A $275 per month stipend for health, vision, and dental insurance
- 20 days of PTO (paid time off)
- 7 paid holidays
- Opportunities for professional development
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. To apply, please send a resume and a 1-page cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to [email protected] with the subject line “General Operations Manager Application”.