You can make a planned gift by naming The Chijnaya Foundation as a beneficiary in your will. A planned gift will continue your legacy of generosity beyond your lifetime and support projects in southern Peru long into the future.
You can make a difference while also reducing your tax liability! If you are 72 or older and own an IRA, the IRA Charitable Rollover allows you to make a charitable gift and satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
Shop on AmazonSmile, start a fundraiser, sponsor a scholar, or make a donation in honor of someone special in your life. There are so many different ways that you can get involved and help us make a difference.
How did the CARES Act Change Charitable Contribution Deductions?
- Individual taxpayers who take the standard deduction can now take up to a $300 deduction from charitable donations in 2020.
- Deduction of charitable contributions was previously capped at 60% of a donor’s adjusted gross income. For 2020, donor’s can deduct up to 100% of their adjusted gross income.
- For corporations, the deductibility limit for charity contributions was raised from 10% to 25% of corporate taxable income.
YOUR DONATION CAN HAVE A MAJOR IMPACT
- $300 can provide an artisan with capital to invest in the materials they will need to make and sell pottery for the year
- $400 can provide a family with a solar thermal water heater
- $450 can help a cattle herder build a shed to protect their animals from the harsh weather conditions and lead to increased milk production
- $800 can provide a scholarship to support the studies of a univserity student for a year